I am currently reading........

I am currently reading.........
Delirium By: Lauren Oliver

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Maze Runner

I give this book...
4.5/5 Stars

This was a VERY good book!
Here's a quick summary from Goodreads...

Imagine waking up one day in total darkness, unsure of where you are and unable to remember anything about yourself except your first name. You're in a bizarre place devoid of adults called the Glade. The Glade is an enclosed structure with a jail, a graveyard, a slaughterhouse, living quarters, and gardens. And no way out. Outside the Glade is the Maze, and every day some of the kids -- the Runners -- venture into the labyrinth, trying to map the ever-changing pattern of walls in an attempt to find an exit from this hellish place. So far, no one has figured it out. And not all of the Runners return from their daily exertions, victims of the maniacal Grievers, part animal, part mechanical killing machines.


And here's a quick book trailer...


MIND GAME! The Maze Runner by: James Dashner had me guessing all the way to the end! I really love the way that the chapters are really short. Because, if I have dance late one night, I can still come home and read a short 5 page chapter before bed. The adjectives used in this book were amazing, you could picture EVERYTHING so vividly! This is definitly one of those re-reader books! I WOULD recommend this book to a friend, however, if you dont like reading books that keep you guessing or dystopian books, I wouldn't read it. One thing I didn't like was that it was in 3rd person. I prefer 1st person, but.... yu know, i guess if you like that it would be GREAT! But OVERALL it was a GREAT book!

Next I will be reading........
Divergent by: Veronica Roth SO EXCITED!  I have The Scorch Trials (Second Book) on hold at the library crossing my fingers it comes in soon :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment